Sunday, August 12, 2012

Good and Glowy Smoothie!

How are you getting your fruits and veggies in every day? Do you drink smoothies? They're a GREAT way to get that fresh produce into your day, and you can add so much to them. Chia, flax, wheat grass, nut butters, whatever you like! I want to share the smoothie that I make for myself every day. It's got calcium, it's got fruits and veggies and all their benefits, and it's got the almighty chia! It keeps me full for quite a while and makes me feel good and glowy!

- 1 cup skim milk (or any non-dairy milk of your choice)
- 1 tbsp. nut butter
- 1 banana, sliced
- 3 or 4 strawberries, sliced
- 1 big handful of fresh spinach
- 1 tsp. chia

Toss it all into the blender, milk at the bottom and the fruit on top to pack down the rest of the ingredients. It's yummy and there is no spinach taste! You can also substitute kale, but I find that it's a lot stronger and more bitter in taste.

By the way, I have a Facebook page for my weight loss, inspiration, and more. Mary's Totally Losing It. I hope to see you there! :)

No comments: