Monday, October 8, 2012

Thanksgiving in Canada

What do I have to be thankful for this year?

Everything.

I want to dedicate this post to all the fabulous things that make up my sweet maple life. Some things are little, and some are big; but they're all beautiful to me and things that I am thankful for.

...The way the wind whispers in the trees.
...How leaves twist upside down to show silver undersides when a storm approaches.
...Watching lightning from a long ways off.
...Coffee!
...Hot tea and a cozy blanket on a chilly evening.
...My continuing, emerging awareness of myself and the universe.
...Being close enough to the city to not really have to drive anywhere, but living just outside all the noise.
...The privilege of being a foster cat mama.
...Google Maps.
...Friendship.
...The smell of rain.
...The smell of impending snow.
...My creativity that I can safely and surely let loose whenever I choose.
...Birdsong.
...The blue glow of the full winter moon.
...Being able to get out of the 'urbs sometimes and visit Ontario's fresh, green, peaceful countrysides.
...Having adventures. Some of them aren't good when they happen, but they make amazing stories afterward!
...Seeing things and places that I've never seen before.
...Continuing to look and feel like a kid full of wonder.
...My husband finding a good full-time job that he LIKES.
...Having cats who are excited and glad when I come home.
...Having a husband willing to cook an entire Thanksgiving dinner!!!
...Getting my butt into gear to lose weight and live a healthier life.
...Our apartment: not only a shelter, but a cozy, inexpensive home full of heart and laughter.
...Feeling capable and more like a woman.
...Coming into my abundant self.
...The incredible beauty of Ontario. I hope to see even more and explore further next year!
...My husband, my friends, my family.
...That we're living in a perfect spot, weather-wise!
...Being able to walk out our door and decide if I want to go to the city or go to nature, and have both options at my fingertips.
...Living in Canada.

...That my mom survived open heart surgery. She's struggling badly right now, especially with her mental health, but she's such a strong woman.

And the beauty of places like this:


Cheltenham's Badlands, northwest of here. We went there on a Thanksgiving drive and to see the vibrant fall colours. :)

Then we came home to an amazing, delicious turkey dinner made by my husband!!

So Happy Thanksgiving, Canada. I had a wonderful day, and I hope you all did as well. Tomorrow I'm going to share another Samhain's Sirens giveaway and show you some of the many haunted locations in Ontario that I'd love to go to one day!

No comments: