Thursday, November 22, 2012

30 Days of Thanksvember - Happy Thanksgiving!




Be Thankful
Be thankful that you don’t already have everything you desire,
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
Be thankful when you don’t know something
For it gives you the opportunity to learn.
Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.
Be thankful for your limitations
Because they give you opportunities for improvement.
Be thankful for each new challenge
Because it will build your strength and character.
Be thankful for your mistakes
They will teach you valuable lessons.
Be thankful when you’re tired and weary
Because it means you’ve made a difference.
It is easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfilment comes to those who are
also thankful for the setbacks.
GRATITUDE can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles
and they can become your blessings.

Author Unknown

I hope all my American readers, friends, and family have a wonderful Thanksgiving today and can find much to be thankful for, no matter the situation.

Today I am thankful for all the things that one wouldn't expect.

I'm thankful when I have to clean up after five cats and more foster kittens, because so many people have lost their precious pets and can't clean up after them anymore.

I'm thankful that we don't yet have children, because we would be under such financial strife right now that we wouldn't be able to provide everything our children need.

I'm thankful that my mom in still in the hospital, because it means she's still alive and is being very well taken care of. Especially because she survived her open heart surgery when there was a very low chance of her doing so.

I'm thankful when I'm so confused and unsure on this spiritual journey, because it means I'm on the journey and I would have it no other way.

I'm thankful when I clean the house, because we have a happy home to come to every single day and night.

I'm thankful when I have to walk to get everywhere I need, because it means I'm healthy enough to do so, I have two functioning legs, and I live somewhere where I don't have to rely on a car all the time.

I'm thankful for those eighteen months I was back in Virginia, away from my husband, because I got to spend my dad's last months with him and his last Thanksgiving. I got to spend quality time with my mom and help her heal after Dad's death. I got a huge boost onto this current path of my spiritual journey. I forged a crucial, deeper bond with my husband when I finally got to come home as a permanent resident.

I'm thankful for how isolated I was until coming to Canada, because I see everything with fresh eyes and a sense of adventure and accomplishment.

I'm thankful that I don't have everything I desire, because I have lots to look forward to!

I'm even thankful when I can't spend Thanksgiving with my family, because so many people don't have family at all, or aren't on speaking terms with theirs, and I'm just a phone call and a Skype video chat away.


1 comment:

Debbie said...

<3 !!!! We missed you so much yesterday but like you, I am thankful you were here last year and I am thankful that you have a wonderful life, an awesome husband and live in a beautiful country that you love so much :)