Saturday, March 2, 2013

Pagan Portals: Kitchen Witchcraft - a book by Rachel Patterson

I can't sleep because I'm hopped up on the incredible energy that my B-Complex vitamin is giving me, and my mind and body have been buzzing with inner wakefulness now that the days are starting to get longer and spring reaches us in a mere twenty days.

So I thought I'd put myself to use here at 3:30 in the morning and write an itty bitty post about a wonderful book I just bought and read a few days ago!



Buy at Amazon.com!


I am simply in love with this book. Rachel Patterson, kitchen witch divine, has excellently written this as an absolute essential in any modern Pagan's life. Instead of complicated spells, expensive tools and hard-to-find herbs, you will find that almost everything is already in your kitchen -- and if it's not, it's just one trip away to your local natural food store.

This is a wonderful introduction to the everyday life of a witch, and for anyone who would prefer to use natural products in their home instead of chemicals. With the way she writes it, I felt as though I was sitting across the table from her, drinking a cup of tea!

From kitchen essentials, cleansing rituals, information on the traditions, foods, and traditional foods and colours information of the Sabbats, plus candle magic and meditations, this book is amazing. I love how she shows the easiest way to incorporate little bits of magick from cooking to cleaning!

I will be referencing this book for many moons to come, that's for sure!


No comments: