Wednesday, August 7, 2013

30 Day Blog Challenge - Days 1 and 2

30 day challenge


Hello again lovelies! Yes, wow, I am posting twice in one day. Something must be in the air! :) I have good reason for this.

I saw this blog challenge tonight on another blog, and I couldn't help but join in. I'm a day behind, but I'm answering both days 1 and 2 here. This challenge will take me outside my normal posting habits (as infrequent as they are!) and maybe (just maybe) reveal some new ideas and thoughts to me and to you, my maple-loving readers. Click on the pic above to get the full details. I'll be waiting right here while you check it out!

Done? Yay! Let's have at it!

This is my Day 1 challenge response. The prompt is:

"Write a post on why you started your blog, who you wanted to reach, what you wanted it to be all about. Then state why you joined this blog challenge and what you want to get out of it."

I started this blog as a life companion to my former digital scrapbooking blog, which was called Sweet Maple Scraps. I wanted to write about my new life in Canada and how I was experiencing it day to day with a sense of wonder and enjoyment, all the while growing as a person and creator.

I had wanted to include tons of reviews on books, makeup, local eateries and shops and all the fun little places one discovers on random walks through a big city. I had wanted to post daily outfits. It was something I wanted to deeply enjoy and perhaps to inspire others.

I wanted to reach out to anyone who was willing to read a personal blog -- I had no specific target in mind. As my blog became more spiritual in nature, I hoped to reach out to like minds to share my love for my new journey. I gained many readers on blog hops, but not a lot of commenters. I kept wondering how the most popular, beautiful blogs were getting the most readers.

I wanted my blog to document my life and my steps toward a more creative, abundant, spirit-driven Mary. I feel that it is working so far, but I need to post more as this black fog of depression lifts from me.

I found this challenge on another blog and thought about all the good it could do for me to be held accountable and be driven to post thoughtful answers each day, all honest and straight from the heart because I don't know any of the answers in advance.

I'm hoping to discover new things about my purpose - living creatively and abundantly.



Here is the Day 2 prompt:

"If you woke up tomorrow and were free to do anything you wanted with your life, what would you do and who would you be?"

I would be a busy entrepreneur, spending my days creating, writing, and connecting with kindred souls. I would be owning my own lovely goddess shop, full of handmade products from myself and other local artisans, all with women in mind. It would have purple walls, potted plants everywhere, and tea and tarot readings.

I would be living a life of ease and abundance, happy with life and with my work. I would be making a good, contented living doing what I love; encouraging others, writing, making art, and supporting others on their creative and spirit journeys.

Trevor and I would be living in a sweet little house, with children and critters and with a big art studio that has windows all around.

I would have conquered depression and anxiety, worrying little and allowing my light to completely shine through me. I wouldn't be afraid to feel pure joy at all the little things.



What would your answers to these prompts be? I would love to know! :)




No comments: