Thursday, August 29, 2013

30 Day Blog Challenge - Days 23-24

30 day challenge

Hello lovelies! I hope you're having a good week in your corner of the galaxy. We went to the CNE (Canadian National Exhibition) last night and it was so much fun. I forgot my camera, so unfortunately there are no pics, but trust me when I say it's always my favourite part of the summer!


Here is Day 23's prompt...

"What’s your level of location independence and your nomadic quotient?"

In today’s post, Natalie outlined these three different “levels of location” for our consideration:

- For some just the ability to work from home or a café close by, on their own schedule, is the perfect form of freedom.

- For others they want just enough location independence to take off to a new country for a month or two each year, and still run their business or work remotely as an employee.

- Then there are people who love to change it up every one to three months in a new city or country and keep exploring but spend enough time to get a real feel for the culture, people and area.

I am definitely that second option. As I said the other day, I wouldn't dream of leaving Canada at this point in my life. My soul wants to be here. I'm a homebody and while I want the freedom to travel and to temporarily live elsewhere if we choose (such as New Zealand or Japan), I usually don't want to stray far from home.



Day 24's prompt:

"What are your travel essentials for your chosen destination(s) ?"

Natalie's Top Tip: You can answer this in two ways: either list out the actual physical packing list of your most essential items you couldn’t live without or you could focus on the destination, and the essential elements you’d want it to have (like history, sunshine, etc.)

For travelling, I would take my laptop, Kobo, iPod, sketchbooks and other art supplies, and obviously the super-important things like clothes and toiletries. A good pair of shoes, especially!

At my destination, I need culture, nature as well as city, good weather, good food, and good people. :) Festivals don't hurt, either!




Love and light,
Mary

No comments: