Sunday, August 11, 2013

30 Day Blog Challenge - Days 5 & 6

30 day challenge


Good morning, lovelies! Today I wanted to catch up on the blog challenge before I go spend the night and Monday with two of my best friends. Tomorrow I'll be introducing a weekly post called Lovely Things, where I make your Monday brighter by sharing pretty things I've found on my adventures around the web :)

My first prompt for today (and one I really had to think hard about) is this one:

"What does your perfect day look like?"

I would spend it at home with my kitties, working and writing and creating. I would be both working and playing at the same time, because I believe that when you're doing what you love, that is soul's work and is a joy instead of a chore. It wouldn't "feel" like work. I'd be sitting at my desk, or the sofa, or in the backyard under the apple trees, writing and creating like mad. I would be enjoying a mug of fresh, cream-laden coffee in my favourite mug, and I'd already be energized and feeling good after starting the day with a big green smoothie. I would be comfortable, content, but also challenged. I would be challenged to connect with more people and to grow and sustain my soul-driven, heart-centred business.

Here's a step by step breakdown of what my perfect day would look like:

8am - Wake up and make a green smoothie for breakfast. Check email/blogs/etc.
9am - Yoga and strength-training
10am - Work on my business, email correspondence, blogging
12pm - A proper lunch (I tend to skip meals)
1pm - Create art and/or write
4pm - End of work day!

The rest of the day would be spent going out, spending quality time with Trevor, reading, watching a movie or anything else that relaxes me. I would end the day with a nice hot shower, getting into my favourite pyjamas, and making a big mug of green tea. And I would go to bed at a proper hour instead of 3am!


"What are my three priorities for the next 30 days that will move me closer towards living life on my own terms?"

My priorities and goals for the next 30 days include factoring in yoga and at least 10 minutes of strength-training, making a green smoothie for breakfast, and having a proper lunch.


Here are my three goals for the next 30 days:

- Get up earlier/go to bed earlier.

- Use "perfect day" afternoon hours to focus solely on creating.

- Stay close to people who strongly inspire me.


What would be your three actionable goals if you were participating in this challenge?

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I plan to start a yoga routine here at home. Let me know when you start so we can compare "notes". Reading your blog has inspired me as always!!